In the interest of player safety and to be more consistent with other youth football programs in our area, Ellsworth Youth Football will be FLAG FOOTBALL FOR GRADES 1-6. Flag football aligns our youth program with expectations of the varsity program and positions us for NFL and other sanctioned football organizations in the future. Additionally, this helps control rising insurance costs.
The Registration "Ellsworth Youth Football" is not currently available.
Safety will be emphasized. This is a developmental league for local youth football players who have a desire to learn, compete, and be part of a team. All coaches and league members are volunteers who invest significant time to advance the program and the skills of our players. Players, coaches, and fans should be treated with respect. At a community level, we are all one team. Concerns should be directed to Ellsworth Youth Football board members.
All players need to bring
Good Fitting Athletic Shoes or Rubber Cleats
Shorts or Athletic Pants (preferably without pockets)
Mouth guard (recommended)
Water or Sports Drink
Team shirt will be provided for player to keep
Monday, August 23,2021 to Saturday, October 2, 2021.
We will have football on Monday and Thursdays from 6-7:30pm. Mondays will be primarily practices and Thursdays will be for games. The last week we will have Saturday games on October 2nd.
Practices will be from 6-7:30, but we want parents to be there by 7pm for the first and second grade kids as we expect their practices will not last much longer than an hour.
Practice and Games will be on the same designated field
1st - 2nd grades - will be on the fields north of the middle school (by the pool).
3rd - 4th grades - will be on the fields north of the middle school (by the concession stand).
5th - 6th grades - will be on the fields south of the middle school.
Coaches: Charlie and Dan
Coaches: Nick and Gordo
Coaches: Luke and Lee
Coaches: Dusty and Lance
Coaches: Jason B
Coaches: Wade and Lars
Coaches: Paul and Joe
Coach: Dan M
Coach: Eric B
Our goal with this program is to get kids some exposure to football, teach some basics and have fun. That said, we do not follow traditional rules and I know it can be confusing for parents on the sidelines watching so here are the basics for how we are going to run games.
- Games will last roughly an hour.
- The offense starts on the 5 yard line and has 4 downs to make it to the center field line and then 4 downs to score a touchdown. The other team will take over where the ball is if they do not score a touchdown.
- There is a 5 yard no running zone going into each end zone and on either side of the center field line. This is to encourage passing.
- Touchdowns are 6 points. After a TD, teams can go for a one or two point conversion. 1 point would be running a play from the 5 yard line (no running) and a two point play would be from the 10 yard line.
- 1 and 2nd grade teams will be 5 on 5, 3/4 will start 5 on 5 and may move to 7 on 7, 5/6 will be 7 on 7.
-Caches at each grade level will work together on rules around rushing the passer. In most cases they are not going to allow rushing.
- 1-4th grade will play to run north/south along the EAST side of the practice fields. Coaches and teams will be in between the two fields and families can watch from the sides.
-5/6 graders will play on the same fields they practice on .
- Teams not playing games will have a practice and will likely run scrimmages.
- Lastly- We are trying to design games so that kids have a chance to get plays off and HAVE FUN!!!
Ellsworth Youth Football, Inc. is committed to providing a safe, fun and exciting introductory environment for our youth. The emphasis of our program will be based on basic fundamental skills of football, while incorporating important social skills of cooperation, sportsmanship and teamwork. We strive to further the basic knowledge of football from one age group to the next through quality volunteer instruction. Our goal is to provide an exciting initial football experience and foster the hopes and dreams of becoming the best Ellsworth Panther possible in the years to follow.
If you are interested in helping with youth football for the 2021 season, we are in need of; head coaches, assistant coaches, board members and officers.
President - Ryan Bench (email@example.com)
Vice President -
Registration - Jeff Stoltenburg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Field Director - Dan McMahon (email@example.com)
Equipment Director - Ryan Bench (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Concessions Coordinator - Lisa Bench (email@example.com)